Darkest psytrance?

Herro again. :Grin:

Got a bit more time now, so I'll post some stuff that I'd consider pretty dark. Have you heard the Orestis album 'Recursive Consciousness' before? If not, I thoroughly recommend it. It's very sophisticated but is for sure a dark album. It's one of those releases that works best when listened to as a whole album from start to finish. :Smile3:

Another artist I'd consider to be pretty dark is Sator Arepo. He fucking nails it. Intensely, too.

He's playing at a free party in London on Saturday. Can't fucking wait! I agree, by the way, on the darkness in a lot of dark psy being quite B movie-esque. I find that dark progressive can be darker than a lot of the faster stuff. HypoGeo's album 'Tree Of Lies', for example, utterly deströys, and the atmosphere in this Opsy track definitely ain't lacking.

(also - any speedcore/drum artists or tracks to explore?)

Check out the record label Splatterkore Reck-ords. The track Hyper Acid posted was released on that label. They release what I would call intelligent speedcore. Lots of interesting and varied sounds. :Smile3: There's an artist on that label called Coredyceps who makes a style of music that is a fusion of hi-tech psy and speedcore.

By the way, for reeeeeeally fucking good breakcore stuff, check out the artist Igorrr. Some of the most eclectic music I have ever heard. Blindingly produced with quite a few styles fused into one melting pot of awesomeness.

This is my other question, perhaps more on point; where is the dark psybient?

Check out Prisma if you haven't already done so! It's Nicolas from Megalopsy's dark psychill project. It's fucking weird. :Grin: He has three tracks released on the 'Conundrum Concoction' VA on Dark Prisma.

Also, Orestis has released a couple of chill tracks, too. :Smile3:

You mean this house? Not big on house. Though to be fair this is excellent for house.

No, no. Not house! I cannot stand house music. :P The Prisma I'm talking about is a completely different project (the psychill side project of the dark psy artist Megalopsy). Very clever music at that. He only has three releases, though, all of which are on the VA 'Conundrum Concoction', released on the label Dark Prisma.

Dark psybient? I think it will never happen because chill out djs won't be invited to festivals so they can
give bad trips to people.
But I guess Bad sector could be something close to the idea

Normal dark ambient instead I like a lot of it

Some names:
Inade,
Empty Hollow Unfolds by raison d'etre.
Sephiroth
Akrtau Eos
Herbst 9
Navicon Torture technologies
Karjallan Sissit (quite bombastic this one),
Zoviet France
Mz 412 (nordik battle signs album),
Troum,
Coph nia (Shape shifter),
Megaptera,
Desideri marginis (especially the 7 sorrows album),
Halo Manash, Morthind,
Arcana (il cantar de la procella)
Merzbow vs Nordvargr (partikel),
Sigillum S
Maeror tri
Alio die (not too dark but who cares it's excellent)
granpa Klaus Schultze irlicht

There is a lot of other stuff around ...

By the way, for reeeeeeally fucking good breakcore stuff, check out the artist Igorrr. Some of the most eclectic music I have ever heard. Blindingly produced with quite a few styles fused into one melting pot of awesomeness.

Absolutely in love with this release, by far my favorite breakcore release this year... put some in my breakcore mix recently:

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite breakcore release ever is this one. the amount of random madness and waltz and russian choirs is just too much, everybody hates it, but I think is phenomenal!!!
I'll keep posting this, i don't care

I'm never going to catch up with all this.

Excellent, especially the first track.

(Why doesn't that make a soundcloud thingy appear for me?)

Ooh yeah, as we're completely not talking about Psytrance - I really highly recommend;

https://soundcloud.com/phuturedoom

Contains metal, hardcore, breakcore, etc

--

Here's a tough question; a DJ named Mirza from Singapore (really good) played a Hi-Tech track that sounded like it was built from samples of every day sounds, like bike bells and whistles and stuff like that. Internet points to anyone who can find it. (I've also asked him, but he could take an age to be online if he's at a festival somewhere)

Last edited:
Someone talking about psy trance in here? Whatever next? A thread about 60's psychedelia?

Back