for folks sake

^^ ''so i take a glass of Montana, no nothing else matters'' = a little bit twee and a little bit awesome

i could post camera obscura tunes til the bovines come back to roost. They are fucking brilliant

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Really great post.
I have subscribed to it and look forward to more content.
Thanks!

Saw this guy support one of my favourite bands, Alvvays, last week. Can't get enough of this song by him, which he played, and I was instantly hooked on:

im after some folk music....preferably a female singer(s), with little more than an acoustic guitar (not too keen on the fiddle personally)......melody must also be apparent, as i only really like tuneful folk........

for example - ember

any suggestions appreciated, but stuff i can get hold off would be perfect.....:ibiggrin:

cheers
These are very old but you can find 'em on ebay. A couple of albums by Trees, 'though its electric folk but fulfills your criteria by lack of fiddle and a plethora of a single female singer. The songs are folk standards with some original compositions.
Trees 'Trees'
Trees 'On The Shore'
And Shirley and Dolly Collins 'Love, Death and the Lady'. Female singers but period instruments like the sackbut and flute-organ but no fiddle. This is mainly very dark music comprising old folk standards.

I don't see any mention of Joan Baez or Joni Mitchel. Anyway, I think it's time for a little uplifting. Not female but

if you have a crowd of 6 million hippies with acid seeping out of their drug ends would you not let this song breathe a little. Just for one night only?

Back