Music that doesn't fit anywhere else...

hello guys come MANY of you know my passion for electronic music and ambient IN years has Brought me a Grow What I consider this a wonderful pastime and that is the Music Production Through Programs and Tools SIA software What hardware. AFTER nearly a decade of software use SECTOR On Platform Mac OSX with a few jumping Even on Windows systems Today I am with passion, curiosity and always pleasant to confront systems New devoting myself to the same hobby, but on open source systems That Have Made Significant steps forward in this Scope. For my trials I am availing itself of various software tools including University In official Debian repo Che and The heart of Practically my installation again And that soon Just debian stretch will release the stable version will go to totally replace Mac OSX with no particular sorrow but with the awareness of being in front of an open system Very What BEGINS carve out an ever more affezzionati in your use. It placed three movies made this morning dove Over a distance wiring SEE Through the photos of my hardware and software configuration hope to keep you in good company with some good music to relax.​

That's the spirit!

Battles and Coil are two artists I've been meaning to have a proper listen to for ages. Kilamanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble are just great, definitely a worthy match for this thread. Nero's Day at Disneyland is all sorts of crazy! That one's going to need a proper listen :confused:

The Eye of Sauron decides to pass over Nanook's shameless plug because he's blended scratchy radiophonic weirdness with a chunky trance beat! Good job!

Actually the radiophonic workshop brings me to one of my own: Belbury Poly. I love this band. I think it's actually just one guy, but still. I love this band. Think vintage synthesizers. Think strange bbc produced classroom science videos. Think of happy childhood memories tinted with an implacable darkness. Think celtic melodies. Think prog rock. Think of all those things combined with a fantastically intuitive musicality and a love of retro sonic textures. I love this band.

A new track:

Bit darker:

More rocky:

GREAT JOB!

Jlin's Black Origami (sort of intellectualised take on footwork) had me really annoyed at how cheap the production sounds (it's all presets) but when it comes to rhythms DAMN that woman knows exactly what she's doing.

Last listening have been, the second Second woman album (autechre-like experiments), the first self titled Ex-eye (post-black-jazz-metal)
Circle,Terminal (think black sabbath+Neu!), Sarah Angliss (minimal/avantgarde renditions of old folk songs), Richard H kirk's Dasein (sounds like old school cabaret Voltaire)

here's a slice of feeling 12 again. I used to play deep forest's first album, and bits of their second album, on rotation in the 90s. Weirdly hadnt thought about them for 20 years until just now.

Last edited:
Literally hadn't thought about this duo in forever (they were associated with 4AD at one point, so probably the 1990s) when I stumbled across a 2017 article reporting that the lady half had died. This is such an English album - very quaint if not a bit twee, but with a certain pastoral purity that makes me think of meadows and bumble bees and cheesecloth blouses - released at a time when I was busy buying cassettes featuring Kenny Loggins and Rick Astley began trolling the universe. Glad to have revisited despite the sad news.

Back