Music that doesn't fit anywhere else...

^That's wild. And creaky. And oddly groovy.

Ha that is quite similar eh! That Reich fellow has a lot to answer for. Also, mention of Plaid reminds me that Scinitlli was a wicked album and I should listen to it again!

I asn't too convinced by it, but I haven't listened to it carefully, my favourite one is double figure, it's usually the one I keep coming back, Plaid actually deserve a mention in this thread maybe! After all they really do have their own sound.

Something about it tickled me the right way - I thought it was quite consistent and with some really nice moments - but I'd agree that Double Figure is definitely their classic album. But yeah, big-ups to Plaid!

Ohhhh, Japan and tortoises! I can do that.

Anyway, the band that prompted me to dig up this topic from the depths of July was The Soft Moon. I don't know what you'd call their style - industrial disco maybe? Shoegaze synthpunk? Electro krautrock? :lol: Put it this way - if you dumped Neu, Gary Numan, Joy Division, Cindytalk and Sonic Youth together in an old warehouse with a copy of The Cure's Faith and the sex, lies and videotape OST in reverse then force them to make an album overnight, you might get something that sounds like this:

Dystopian sheeeeit, basically.

Rastafari, all hail to the most high Jimmy Carr, king of kings, lion paw

If you had some hip hop and trance hints to the vibe, you get witch house

I can't quite get into witch house. The latest Holy Other album was alright (not sure if that counts though, might be a bit clean sounding?):

Back